Friday, March 24, 2006

How Jet Dry keeps my marriage on track

It's funny what you talk about after you've been talking to the same man for 18 years.

First of all, gone are the conversations about life because it's shared now and there's nothing he doesn't know. Ended are the chats about myself because he knows all there is to know. Done are the confabs about politics, he knows how I vote. Finished are the debates about current affairs, he feels the same way I do. Not that it matters but there's not much left. Pretty much "how was your day?" stuff and household stuff.

So here's where it gets weird. Yesterday Scott and I had the weirdest, most bizarre of our non-conversations. We had the exact same discussion we had about a week ago. And I'm sure both of us knew it. It wasn't just some prolonged shared deja vu, I swear to God, it was the real deal. A full on discourse we've already had. Nearly word for word. It wasn't anything important. We were talking about that Jet Dry stuff you put in the dishwasher that keeps the glasses from going cloudy. Did I not say our conversations can be errr... uninspiring? But my point still stands.
How weird is it that we can talk about the fascinating topic of Jet Dry not once but twice?

Because it illustrates to me how much in tune we are and how much we love each other. How? Because neither of us wanted to say to the other "didn't we just have this stupid conversation?". We just went through the moronic motions of it and moved on. He's a very special man and I hope to have the same foolish discussion with him every couple of weeks until the day we die.

He's definitely the one for me.

kxx

No comments: