Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm having one of those mornings

It's not bad, I'm just having a hard time getting started. I forgot to set my alarm and while I was only 15 minutes late, Scott was 45 minutes late and hogging the bathroom. Hence the pyjama pants at nearly 9:00 in the morning. Thank goodness its a short work week. For the next two weeks, actually. Score. I do feel a bit guilty that Jesus suffered and died on the cross and we get a four day weekend to sleep in, pig out on ham and chocolate and not shower...

**(loud pounding at my front door)**
Me: Yes? Who is it?
Booming Godlike Voice: It's your Catholic Shame here to visit for the Easter holiday. I'll be here until Monday night reminding you to be spiritual and holy and that church starts at 10am Sunday morning.
Me (trying every bad foreign accent I know): So solly! I just be de maid, mon! Eees nobody here.
BGV: I'll wait.

*************************
So anyway, today's one of those days where I'd love to be a coffee drinker. I've seen you guys hunched over your mugs getting a kind of super power from the bitter taste and funky smell. The only way I can stand the stuff is half milk and about 7 sugars. Like ice cream. And even then I can't quite get past the flavour. Give me a good cup of hot, strong tea anyway. Black, no sugar, with a pecan cinnamon roll on the side, if you're buying.

kxx

No comments: