Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I've been busy today and it feels good

Scott took his motorcycle in to work today so joy of joys, I had the car. And what is my knee-jerk reaction to having the car? You know it, say it with me... shopping! And go shopping I did.

I bought a new pair of snazzy shoes for running. They're Asics and feel all gorgeous and cushy inside. Since I haven't had a new pair in over 2 years, I was due, dammit. And I have that 10K race in 44 days and, frankly, I'm pissing myself. How am I supposed to do this? I haven't been out all year. So I need to motivate myself with the cute shoes. Did I mention they match my orange running jacket? Hey, if you're going to work up a sweat, you'd better look adorable.
Later Henry wanted to go to the park. He pulled one of those "please, Mummy, PLEASE!" jobs complete with the hands clasped under his chin and the blinking puppy-dog eyes. To top it off, it's 18 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. A perfect day. How could I say no? So off we went, complete with a picnic lunch.

And now we're back and I had to beg Henry to get off the computer to say "hi" to you all. So, hi. I don't have a lot of time. Henry needs to play "Midtown Madness" and he's breathing down my neck.

kxx

No comments: