Thursday, April 27, 2006

Scott and I had "the talk" last night

Apparently I'm spending too much money and we had "the talk" about what we're going to do to change it. Isn't it true that most couple's marriage problems stem from either lack of sex or lack of money? Scott and I have been married for 13 years and I'd have to say that's half true. Hee.

So anyway, now we have to start grocery shopping at that discount store where the lettuce is starting to go brown. And to add insult to injury we have to bag said brown lettuce ourselves. But hey, we've got to cut down and save up. If we're ever going to get a second car or save for our children's educations (HA), we really need to buckle down.

So what did I do to help the situation this morning? What makes me feel better when I'm down in the dumps? I went shopping. After I bought a $4 green tea latte at the Second Cup. I think I needed the shopping as a way of gaining perspective. I actually felt better about our shiny new budget after I bought the latte and the cute pair of capris from Suzy Shier. Oh, and the lip gloss from Lancome. Yes, I think we'll be okay. Especially when I find a top to match those shorts.
Hoo boy. Scott's going to fillet me.

kxx

No comments: