Friday, July 7, 2006

I'm baaaack!

Camping was truly an experience. I had sand in every orifice, have tiny red, itchy bug bites all over me that just appeared yesterday and am the colour of burnt toast. But I'll do it again next year for sure. The operative words there are "next year". Because I had a great time camping, I'm in no hurry to do it again. You can take a girl out of the city...

The beach was gorgeous and I haven't swum in an ocean since Audrey was a baby. It even rained a bit so I could hear the famous rain on the tent thing. Very soothing.

So apart from the bugbites and the fact that Henry and Elliott got lost in the woods only to be returned to us by park rangers, it was a wonderful trip. My previous experience with "roughing it" was staying in a motel with a rusty showerhead so this was quite the eye opener.

The kids had a ball running around like savages and not showering or brushing their teeth, Scott had a good time cooking over an open fire and being all He-Man like and I loved meeting my internet friends after 9 long years. Even the 11 hour drive was fun with only 2 stops each way. The whole thing was a complete success. I'm so relieved.

Now to redo my pedicure which was dissolved by copious amounts of Deep Woods Off. See you tomorrow.

kxx

No comments: