Monday, July 24, 2006

Oy. I'm "vintage" now

I watched the Miss Universe pageant last night (I was pulling for Japan... she's so cute!). When it was over I checked my bulletin boards. My computer is situated so my back is to the tv and I heard one of my favourite Pat Benatar songs (Heartbreaker). I sang along to all the words and finally turned around to see Pat singing with a little blonde girl in an ad for Candies (what is that anyway?) with the word "Vintage" featured prominently. GASP. I'm vintage now? I was just barely getting over my favourite 80s tunes being played on my local station's "Back In The Day Cafe". Now VINTAGE? That's a word commonly used for 57 Chevys and collectable fricking lunchboxes. Not my MUSIC. Ouch.

I need to lie down. I think I'm getting a case of the vapours. Or maybe I'll take my daily constitutional. That'll restore my former vim and vigour. Oh my God, I'm so old. Okay so what's Candies and who's the chippie in the ad? Chippie? I'm doing it again, aren't I? It's hot cocoa time. And who keeps hiding my shawl?

kxx

No comments: