Friday, August 11, 2006

I'm suffering

I'm suffering from post-birthday hangover. No, I wasn't drinking but I feel a little like Bacchus. I ate really badly all day and night yesterday and even had my birthday cake for breakfast this morning. I was supposed to go for a run with my neighbour Norah this morning but I used a Jedi mind trick on her and we ended up sitting in the sun in the backyard chewing the fat. Thank goodness, not literally. I've eaten enough to feed a small African country in the last 2 days.

So with excessive eating comes excessive laziness. I haven't moved off the couch all day. Which is why the blog is so late. I even don't really feel like doing it now so I'll just tell you what I got from my sacred list and leave it like that until tomorrow.

-CDs: "Get Lifted" John Legend and Nelly Furtado's "Loose" (YAY! Thanks, Kathy and Chris)
-50 blog hits on 10 August (not sure if I got this one... MySpace has been screwy with the numbers lately)
-Peace in the Middle East (okay, not so much)
-DVD: "Love, Actually" (thanks Norah!)
-2 more blog subscribers (to make an even 10)... I now have 10! I feel like a novelist!
-PFD (kayak style... triangle shape, mesh over the head entry, red if available) Thanks, Poopie and the kids

Anyway, that's some of the haul and it was really great. I'm told to expect a package from the UK any time now. Even more than the presents, it's really nice to be loved by people. I know that sounds mushy and philosophical and not at all like me but I'm 39 now and it behooves me to act more mature. Quite.

kxx

No comments: