Wednesday, October 4, 2006

"Just because you're happy doesn't mean that everything's perfect. It just means that you've chosen to see beyond the imperfections"

I just heard that saying on the radio today and I thought it was really profound. I'm not usually one for sayings but that one really resonates with me for some reason.

I think it's because I'm a happy, positive person. That doesn't mean that my kids don't drive me batty some days, that I don't have the odd money problem, that most days I can't find anything to wear in my crammed-full closet, that the school shootings lately have been pissing me off, that I honestly just now put my socked foot in something gooey on my floor (gross), no, it just means that I can see past these crappy things. I can put my blinders on, ignore the depressing and focus on the fact that good, bad or indifferent, the above is excellent blog-fodder. My family and I are in excellent health, Elliott got a perfect score on his last spelling test, Audrey has a cute (and clean) shirt on for picture day and Henry loves his new teacher and class. Oh yeah, and Scott's getting his vasectomy next Wednesday. So how on earth can I be unhappy?

kxx

No comments: