Thursday, November 16, 2006

Can I gush about my new job?

If you have to work and are obligated to give up taking care of your house, baking, working out and soap opera watching, this is the job for you. I love it.

I work with an awesome bunch of women. The room we're in is stuffy and windowless and once after coming in from lunch I saw that my boss was in her panties. On day 3.

The girls and I had a conversation about how much we loved our dishwashers. I mentioned that on occasion I like to hump mine in an obviously misguided expression of affection. The room broke up laughing and I knew I'd found my peeps.

Yesterday, an hour before the end of the day, I got a call from the kids' school. There was a plumbing issue and I had to go collect them. Oh crap. I've only been there a few days. How will it look? I explained the situation to my boss and she sympathetically said "see you tomorrow". No stress about leaving, no forms to fill out, no inconveniencing a room full of toddlers and parents, I just walked out the door. Never ever in my entire working life have I had a job like this. Since I got home early I baked cookies and will bring them a big batch as a thank you.
Have I mentioned how much I adore this job?

kxx

No comments: