Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Vinegar and oil

How much vinegar does one family need? I just went through my pantry and this is the inventory:

rice vinegar
malt vinegar
white vinegar (x2... one in the pantry, one in the laundry room for stinky clothes)
red wine vinegar
white wine vinegar
cider vinegar (x2... not sure why)
balsamic vinegar

Here's why. I'm a fastidious recipe follower. If a recipe calls for something specific like, say balsamic vinegar, I'll buy it. Even if it calls for only a tablespoon. I realize since I started this blog that I have many "things" (such as having perfectly pedicured feet year round and never wearing jeans and a jean jacket together) and this, apparently, is one of them. I need to follow every recipe to a tee with no deviations or exceptions. Even recipes I've used for years I'll very rarely substitute ingredients. So obviously it's another one of my "things". Something else this blog has made me realize: I'm very obviously neurotic. Sigh.

Now that I've prostrated myself in front of you all (yet again), I don't even want to admit my flavoured oil obsession. I guess I could make a kick-ass salad dressing. If I liked salad, that is.

kxx

No comments: