Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Another one of those survey thingies

1.What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? Went camping. In Delaware. That's an 11 hour drive, people. In a minivan. With 3 kids.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Didn't make any last year, not making any this year. Too easy to disappoint myself.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope

4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank goodness.

5. What countries did you visit? The US

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A family trip to Disney

7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? November 6th. My first day at my new job.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Definitely getting the abovementioned job.

9. What was your biggest failure? I don't have one. I guess I aimed low.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No

11. Where did most of your money go? Pharmacy, food and Christmas presents

12. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer? Definitely happier, fatter and poorer

13. What was your favourite film or book of this year? Film: Borat Book: Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. Light, junky, fun, girl stuff

14. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 39 and I baked myself a cake. Also the cat puked in my hallway and I went to the dentist. Perfect.

15. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Suburban mum chic. I just invented that. Like it?

16. What political issue stirred you the most? I shy away from politics.

17. Name one new person you met this year. My friend Chris and his family. We met online and I'm now proud to call him a real friend. Also Candice from work. She's so different from me but we're still so much alike.

18. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. That sleeping in a tent just isn't for me. Seriously, I learned that family and good friends will put up with a lot of my nonsense and God bless them for that.

kxx