Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Haiku movie reviews

Okay, so Scott and I have finally seen all the movies up for Best Picture at the Academy Awards. They'll be given out on Sunday night and as a pop culture vulture, it's my Super Bowl. As a public service, here are my reviews. And to amuse myself, they're in haiku.

The Queen
Poor Princess Di died
The Queen was royally pissed
Helen Mirren rocked

The Departed
Lots of spies planted
Jack, Matt, Leo, Marky Mark
In a dance of death

Little Miss Sunshine
Olive is a star
Her family is all nuts
Rick James meets road trip

Babel
Many stories meet
In an obscure, bizarre way
Nude Asian girl. Whaaaa?

Letters From Iwo Jima
How did Clint Eastwood
Direct this in Japanese?
Neat but still boring


Our favourite movie was Little Miss Sunshine but we both think The Departed will win. It was the most accessible. Nevermind the brutal violence. I just want to say for the record that these aren't my genre. I'm an unapologetic romantic comedy fan. Case in point, my love for Music and Lyrics which I saw last night. An excellent teaspoon of sugar to make all the previous medicine-like movies go down.

A last review:
Hugh and Drew in love
May, December but still cute
Eighties tunes? Perfect!

kxx