Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What's a mum to do?

This morning Henry kept telling me that his legs were "tired". That he didn't want to go to school. It actually seemed pretty lame so I asked him some questions. Is something happening at school you don't like? Is your new teacher (the old one is on mat. leave) mean? Are you being bullied? Then it comes out. Some kid named Kyle is "bugging" him on the schoolbus. Supposedly this (older) kid calls him names and pokes him in the ribs down low where the bus driver can't see and can you PLEASE drive me to school, mummy? Complete with tears. Oh MAN.

Ack! What do I do? There's no parent handbook for this stuff. I figure taking the car to school will only delay things so I tell Henry we'll talk to the bus driver Michelle and sort of leave it with her. They have assigned seats so maybe she can move one of them? I don't know. I'm not cut out for this stuff. What I do know is that I want to take the child who's making my baby cry and crack open his head like a frigging coconut. But that's just me.

So I did speak to the driver, and she said she'd look into it. I hope that's the end of it. It's probably a case of boys-will-be-boys. Right?

kxx