Monday, May 14, 2007

Ahhhh Mother's Day


I hope every mother out there had the best Mother's Day yesterday. As much as I bitch and complain about the gang and wanting to be alone, I had the best time spending the day with them. And the gifts that meant the most to me came from the kids' hearts. Here's a sampling (spelling mistakes are theirs... and awesome):


From Henry:"I love you because your love makes me grow. and you are nice I like your hugs. I love you."


From Audrey: "Happy mother's Day mommy! I (heart) you soooo... much. You are the BEST! Your pretty, nice an Sweet and most of all cozy! I Love you aroud the moon 1000 times, and back. HAPPY MOTHE'S DAY! Love Audrey"


From Elliott:"HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! HAVE A GOOD ONE!


Dear Mom, I remember when we went shopping, just the two of us, and we were laughing because of the things we saw and joked about every thing. I remember every one of my birthdays. you'd make a cake with my age on it. Thanks for making me those. I remember when we went to see the movie Chronicles of Narnia together and I told you which part was in the book or not. I remember when I got that really, really bad dream and you came to help and also let me sleep with you. Thank you for giving me life and food. Thank you for letting me do what some parents don't let their kids. Thank you for everything you've done for me and all the gifts you've given. Love Elliott oxoxoxoxoooxxxoxox"


Isn't that something special? I actually got all verklempt. It was like a roast only without the meanness. The presents were just gravy (and you know me... I'm a gift hog)


It was also Elliott's 11th birthday and he was so good about sharing. We did the Mother's Day thing in the morning then the birthday stuff in the afternoon. This boy is incredible. First of all he deferred his party to next week because of the busy weekend so we decided to go to Pizza Hut. We brought his gift bag to the restaurant and told hime to open it. He says (get this): "I'll open it after we're done eating." How cool is this kid I raised? He didn't get that patience from me. If it were me I've have torn into it in the car on the way to the place. Anyway, we had a nice meal, he opened his gifts and we came home and ate the "11" cake I made that afternoon. Of course. Gotta keep those memories rolling along.


kxx

No comments: