Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Mayday!

Mayday!
Okay, so I was going to do some research and school you all (and myself) on the history and origins of May Day but it was seriously boring. Some stuff about marxists and working and other stuff about Druids and maypoles. So I'm skipping it. Onto more Karen-centric things.

Things I like about May: Elliott's birthday on the 13th: my firstborn and my favourite birth story. It's great to be able to say I went through 37.5 hours of labour. You get loads of sympathy.

My wedding anniversary on the 23rd: this year will mark 14 years for the two of us. You know the seven year itch? Well multiply that by two. Naw, I josh... you all know I think he's awesome.

May 2-4 weekend (or Victoria Day Weekend for the uninitiated): First long weekend of the summer. People open their cottages, plant their gardens and it really starts to feel like summer will actually arrive. The poop-smell is in the air and it smells like hope. Oh, and no bugs.

kxx

No comments: