Friday, August 31, 2007

I love my job


I really, really do. It's flexible, my bosses are great girls, it's fun, no benefits but I get first dibs on the awesome clothes that come into the store. I've even stopped bringing a lunch because the girls I work with are so kind that they share their lunches with me. I have more fun there then I would ever have at home. I've never had a job like this and wouldn't trade it for the world. It really is the perfect job for me.


That said, twice a year the job becomes... err... difficult. We get an influx of bags from people dumping consignment clothes at back-to-school time and Christmastime. Because of the size of our room and the fact that 95% of our customers drop of their clothes in garbage bags, we're not quite equipped to take them. As a result, our workspace becomes... umm... dumplike. There's no other way to describe it. All that's missing is the plaintive screech of the seagull.


We get through it all eventually but it sure looks daunting. Needle in a haystack stuff. Yesterday I spent the day trying to put the bags in chronological order. It looks just like it did before I started. Frustrating but if we plug away at it, it all gets done. Really it does. I just wish I had a solution, though, but this is why I'm doing the job I'm doing. I don't have a business brain. I just shut my mouth and go through bags. And,of course, blog it for the world to see.


kxx

No comments: