Friday, August 10, 2007

"Welcome to the dark side!"


This is how my friend Kathy greeted me this morning on the phone from London. That and an across-the-pond version of Stevie Wonder's Happy Birthday. And that was my second surprise of the morning.


Last night I made another cake. The short version of the story is that it's for me to have something to blow candles out on tonight. The long version is available via email. Anyway, after mixing, baking and frosting, the old mixer was on the counter because I couldn't be bothered to put it away. When I woke up this morning and walked by the kitchen to put out the cat, imagine my surprise when I saw a gorgeous, cobalt blue KitchenAid Artisan in its place? I called every appliance place in town and they told me the colour was discontinued. That charming guy got them to sell him the floor model. Likely the only blue one left in Ottawa. Sigh. I'm so in love. With my husband too.


And it's only 8:13am. What else can I expect from my first foray into the jungle that is middle age? Join me, will you? On the next Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom...


kxx

No comments: