Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Zzzzzzz....

There's a bylaw in Ottawa where you can't make noise or start outdoor work between 11pm and 7am. As a mother, I'm all about the 11pm. And as someone who works, I'm all about the 7am. I'm usually up at 6:30 during the school year and when Scott's working I'm up at 7am. This month, I get the distinct pleasure of waking up at 7:30 since I have no kids to get ready or husband crashing around in the bathroom. Except for this morning.

My neighbours across the street are getting a unistone driveway. I swear the workers must have driven the brick laden dump trucks up to the house and waited, looking at their watches: 6:59:58.... 6:59:59..... 7:00:00. KEEERASHHH! Three-quearters of a ton of interlocking stones dumped out, fields of dirt, beep-beeping reversing heavy machinery and one sleepy, grumpy neighbour. And I was having the most beautiful dream about front-loading washers and dryers. I had actually incorporated the beeping into it, making the truck deliver my metallic babies instead of a load of old dirt. I even asked Scott in my sleepiness if he should be out there to sign papers. In the patois my dad speaks he'd call that state of dreamy wakefulness "bazoudie". I call it effing inconsiderate neighbours.

kxx

No comments: