Monday, November 19, 2007

Wagga who-what-now?

Elliott is so smart. To me anyway. He actually could be just as smart as every other 11 year old out there but compared to me, he's really got brains. He definitely got that from his dad.

Anyway, yesterday we were watching the Amazing Race. It's one of our favourite shows. One that gets a 30 minute bedtime pass. So we were watching and the travellers had to go to Ouagadougou having no information other than the name of the place. They had to get there not knowing where it was. Elliott was in the bathroom at this time and came in as the contestants were all struggling through the name. He asked me where they were going and I told him. This is what my smart child said to me: "Cool. Burkina Faso. West Africa, right?" Not wanting to look like a fool I was all... "errr, yeah" and had to wait for Phil to elaborate. I did know it was in Africa but West Africa? No way. My son is smarter than me. Well, it was bound to happen.

kxx

No comments: