Monday, December 24, 2007

Aaaah, Christmas Eve

Yup, it's Christmas Eve. I've done some cleaning but not much since we're not expecting anyone. But of course since I'm a Flylady, my house isn't in CHAOS. I have some cooking to do but again, since no one is coming over, we are forgo-ing the big dinner.

In fact, this is the first year in recent memory that I've actually been tempted to make pizza for Christmas dinner. Why? Because it's the only meal my kids eat without complaining, whining or cajoling. But I just couldn't do it. So we're having turkey (one of those rolled breast thingies with the stuffing already inside) with sides of raw carrots, french fries, mac and cheese and a salad bag. Sad but true but I can't take the whining at dinner. Tonight we are having the traditional Quebec dinner of tourtiere. And we're going to church. I hope we don't go up in flames since it's been exactly 12 months since we darkened their door. I can't even call myself a lapsed Catholic. More like a holiday heathen.

Anyway, we're looking forward to tomorrow morning. If all goes to plan, Audrey will be receiving her rabbit "Monkey" in a matter of hours. This will be really memorable and I'll let you all know how it goes down. Of course I'll be doing this blog even later than today. Hey, at least you're getting one.

kxx

No comments: