Friday, January 4, 2008

I’m such a poindexter

I just woke up from a highly pleasurable dream involving me snogging the co-host of Mythbusters. Did I mention he was completely nude? I watched the show last night (since I've never missed an episode) and I've had a crush on him for years. Yes, I'm well aware that he's not the least bit good-looking and a bit of a dork, frankly. But what can I say. I have a traitorous subconcious. The heart wants what it wants.

And talking about geeks, I was watching Trekkies 2 on the Space Channel over the weekend (yes, I'm aware of how that sounds) and decided to get a tattoo of a Starfleet comm-badge somewhere on myself (I'm also keenly aware of how that sounds). Ideally I'd put it where the comm-badge would be on a Next Generation uniform (over the left breast) but I'm already inked there. So the question remains... where? Ah yes, what's a nerd to do?

And in keeping with this anorak-like theme, here's a poem that Data wrote about his cat Spot in the episode "Schisms". Yes, I'm a dorkus and I'm proud.

Felix Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,
An endothermic quadruped, carniverous by nature.
Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses
Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses.
I find myself intrigued by your sub-vocal oscillations,
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predelection
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents:
You would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance;
And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion,
It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.
Oh Spot, the complex levels of behavior you display
Connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.
And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,
I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.

kxx

No comments: