Friday, April 11, 2008

Aaargh! Having time management problems


It'll take lots of time to get used to my old routine. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I'll also have to stop talking about my trip. You're probably bored already.

Let me just tell you about the menu in first class. Or should I say First Class. It's truly incredible how spoiled you feel up there. And having travelled both ways on this trip, I can safely say that First Class is better. Just in cast there was any doubt.

All booze is free and really really strong. I had a gin and tonic on that plane that made me talk like I had asthma when the flight attendant asked if it was okay. And hot towels when I woke up. Sigh.

Okay, on to the menu. Choice of appetisers: Smoked salmon mille feuille or marinated mushroom salad. I had the mushroom.

Main Course: Grilled tenderloin of beef with green peppercorn butter, red skin potatoes, parsnips with carrots and roasted shallots or; Maple roasted chicken with maple onion sauce, mashed red skin potatoes, zucchini, eggplant, broccoli and spinach or; Rotolo pasta with alfredo and tomato sauces, sauteed mushrooms and herb roasted potatoes. I had the chicken.

Cheese: gourmet cheeses with crackers

Dessert: strawberry torte with choice of ice cream or fresh fruit.

Do you believe it? They served the foods on ceramic plates with metallic knives and forks, glasses and fabric napkins. Heaven.

On the way home they threw a pack of those weird pretzels at me then when I asked for water to wash them down, it was served to me in a plastic cup with no ice. Dinner was rubber chicken in a plastic covered tray. I almost seared off my eyebrows when I peeled back the plastic film. Then I never saw the flight attendant again until she rudely asked me to raise my seat for the descent. So pleasant.

If you can afford it, kids, try First Class. Everyone should be treated like they have money at least once in their lives. Sigh.

kxx

No comments: