Thursday, April 3, 2008

I’m here!

Posting from London. Can’t stay long but please enjoy this previously written (but never posted) gem. Had a great flight. You’ll never guess what happened to me on my way down. You’ll have to wait with bated breath for the answer but feel free to guess below. Love you guys!

So here’s what Scott (Mr. World Traveller) told me about how to combat jet lag. He’s been travelling by plane for years and never suffers from jet lag. It’s actually quite simple.

The minute I sat down on the plane, I set my watch to London time. In this case it was 5 hours ahead. My plane left at around 6:30pm so I set my watch to 11:30pm. Then Scott said to behave like it was the time on my watch. In other words, I went straight to sleep. Did not watch the movie, did not eat, did not listen to music, did not pass go, did not collect $200. The hard part was to be tired at 6:30. I went to bed late Tuesday night, woke up early Wednesday morning and took a couple of sleeping pills before I left the house. Oh yeah... I can’t forget the quick gin and tonic. And voila, instant snooze. I woke up feeling refreshed when the plane touched down and felt like a million bucks all day. Now, I’m off to have a tea and a biscuit. Ah yes, talking like the natives already.

kxx

No comments: