Thursday, May 15, 2008

Good afternoon

I would have done one of these this morning but I was so rushed I took the bus instead of biked to work.

Good thing too... I have some blog fodder to share. Hope your stomach can take it because mine almost couldn't.

I got on my bus and as usual, it was crowded. Yay. Oooh... there's a seat beside an old man. I squash my ample butt in and settle in with my magazine. After a few minutes I notice this man is raising his arm. A lot. Finally I decided to look at what he was doing. Why? Why? I can't unsee what I've seen.

He raised his arm and started digging at a sore on the back of his neck. It was red and raw and fluid was coming out of it that he kept dragging along his neck. Gag. Okay. I can do this. I try to read my magazine again but I keep reading the same sentence over again. Then I feel his arm go up. Oh god, don't look don't look don'tlookdon'tlookdon'tlook.... SHIT. He was doing it again but went to a different nasty looking mark behind his ear. Gaah! Now I notice he's got these sores all over his head and neck. I also notice his nails are filthy and have this suspicious brown stuff underneath them. Now, I think I'm going to pass out from choking down my own vomit. I frantically started looking for another seat. Thankfully one became free and I took it, nearly pushing the ear bud wearing hipster doofus out of my way in the process.

When I sat in my new place, I was more able to see the bullet I dodged. I watched in shock and awe this guy taking off his baseball cap, digging at sores on his head and replace his hat. I'm free yet I can't look away. It was truly one of the most nauseating experiences of my adult life.

You know what this makes me think? It makes me think fuck the environment. Sitting alone in my 7 passenger minivan and destroying planet earth is more desireable to me than saving the world and going through that again. Yuck.

kxx

No comments: