Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


To me. Okay, to us.

Fifteen years ago I married my friend.... blah blah blah... Yes, it's hokey but whatever, it's true. I think he's the shiz. He's my hero and such an awesome guy. And nice to boot. So there you go. My tribute to the coolest, funniest, best man I know.

Now onto new and more stomach twisting news. This stupid marathon. I picked up my race package. I LOVE my bib number 4567. It almost makes me feel lucky. Then I took a look at the route. In case you forgot, a marathon is 42.2K. I've been joking that I can barely drive that distance let alone walk it. I have a pendulum of feelings about this.

UP: I've been walking since I was 2 years old. That's 38 years of training. I can do this. How hard can it be?
DOWN: Look how far this is! Was I smoking crack when I came up with this idea? I never should have inhaled.
UP: There's a 5 hour pace bunny. If I can just keep up with him/her, I can do this.
DOWN: That's 5 hours of walking. No snacks or bathroom breaks. Just water on the fly, nasty gel and peeing in a porta potty. Good times. I must be certifiable.
UP: It'll be a beautiful day
DOWN: Is there even weather Sundays at 7am?

All I know it that on Sunday night it'll all be over. The good thing about this race is that it's not over until the last racer crosses the finish line. So no shame wagon this year. Next week I plan on milking this for all it's worth. I'm not going to the gym even once and I'm eating whatever the hell I want.

I'm taking my camera (Scott thinks it's a bad idea what with my fanny pack filled with electronics) so I'll be snapping photos along the route that I'll post. It should be good for a larf or two. We'll see. You'll hopefully see me on Monday. Have a restful weekend...

kxx

No comments: