Friday, June 27, 2008

I’m not hot

Well, it looks like I'm not one of the beautiful people.

I've been hearing a lot lately about a website called beautifulpeople.net where you send in your photo and members vote to see if you're pretty enough to socialize with them. Just for fun I sent in a picture. Members can vote: "Yes! Certainly!", "Hmm, yes ok", "Hmm, not really" and "No! Not at all!" As of today, with 22 hours left, my current status is "NOT voted in". Because most of my votes fell in the "No! Not at all!" section. Harsh.

Could it be that I'm Black? Eighty percent of the people on the site are white. Could it be that I'm too old? Why oh why did I admit that I'm 40? Could it be that I have a husband? Oops, I did admit that I'm happily married. Damn my honesty.

So it looks like I'm not what they're looking for. And if they're only looking for young, white, singles then I wish them all the luck in the world. They'll need it. Maybe I'll start a website for old married mothers looking for friendship. Oh yeah... that's practically everywhere else.

kxx

No comments: