Friday, June 6, 2008

Look what I made!


I'm starting to make cakes for friends and I'm enjoying it a lot. Except for this last one because I had a cold yesterday and I felt a bit rushed but it was still fun. That's exactly why I couldn't do it as a full-time gig. This is for my former co-worker Jackie's son Calum. The picture is of a Pokemon called Eevee.

I'm charging her $35 which is pretty good compared to the local cake shop that does cakes like this (and way, waaaaaaay better). Their plain cakes start at $40 and go up from there for designs. Just for fun I broke down the real costs for me to bake one of these cakes. What with ingredient costs, labour, computer research, travel to the cake shop to buy boxes etc., it costs about $60! Isn't that crazy? I couldn't in good conscience charge that. So it's $35 for friends and $45 for strangers. Not that I've gotten anyone but friends anyway. Just wishful thinking I guess.

So who wants cake?


kxx

No comments: