Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Canada Day = Fun Day

Well, we had a fun day yesterday. My kind of fun and games. Which means no picnics, no chitchat, no bologna.

Yesterday morning we went to a movie. We saw WALL-E which was a really sweet movie. Very well done. But my favourite part had to be the short film before the feature about a magician and his rabbit. I have to say it was one of the funniest things I saw in a long time. I laughed harder than Borat and Sarah Marshall combined. My bladder may have leaked a bit.

Later we went to a fair that happens in our local park. It's actually quite well known in the community... cars park all over our neighbourhood to hang out there and hit the rides and concessions. We went on the Tilt-A-Whirl (way more fun than I remembered) and a noisy damned music ride that made me feel every second of my 40 years. After waiting 30 minutes in each line, we hit the games and I won a pretty big gorilla playing Whack-A-Mole. Go me. But the poor kids were demoralised (and hungry) so we headed home to eat.

We took Audrey to horseback-riding then bought fireworks. We took them back to the park and waited for the big C-Day fireworks display. It was gorgeous and even though we were a bit cold, we hung around a bit and watched Scott set off his whistlers then burned off the last of our ride tickets on a second go-round on the Tilt-A-Whirl (boy it was fun) and went to bed. At 11:30pm. Like I said, it was an awesome Canada Day.

kxx

No comments: