Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dr. Horrible 101

Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm exposing you to my obsession yet again but you have to finally give in, stop struggling and just go with the flow. It's far less painful if you just go limp.

On the weekend I spoke to my friend Kathy from London and she's finally seen some videos from the musical. She actually thought she's seen all she needed by just watching those videos. I had to school her. It was my duty. Yes, the videos on youtube are great but to get the full scope of the characters and the context of the songs, you have to watch the whole movie. Have to. So here's a primer in case you never click on the link I put in my blog every single time I talk about Dr. H. Which is easily once a week.

Full name: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Song order (if you insist on watching all the songs on youtube... I think they're all there):

01. Horrible Theme
02. My Freeze Ray
03. Bad Horse Chorus
04. Caring Hands
05. A Man's Gotta Do
06. My Eyes
07. Bad Horse Chorus (reprise)
08. Penny's Song
09. Brand New Day (so proud of myself that I finally got the words down for this one. It's HARD)
10. So They Say
11. Everyone's A Hero
12. Slipping
13. Everything You Ever (DO NOT, for the love of God, watch this one if you ever have the intention of watching the movie. You'll be so sorry and totally wreck the "surprise" ending)
14. Horrible Credits

I think you can see the whole thing (3 parts about 15 minutes each) on youtube. But honestly to get the best quality and to show Joss some love, shell out the $4. It's so worth it.

"It's curtains for you, Dr. Horrible. Lacy, gently wafting curtains."

kxx

No comments: