Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Family Funny

A few days ago I was in the bathroom putting on my makeup and Elliott came in to brush his teeth. He's getting so tall now that my eyeline is right at the side of his head. I noticed how gross his ears were. I mean Shrek gross. I nearly gagged as I told him to clean them (yes, with a finger and facecloth and not a q-tip). I told him he has to remember to do it in the shower as I turned my own head to show him how wonderful and clean my ears are.

He replied deadpan: "I don't see anything."

Now, on the surface it is a benign statement. But I was there in the room and saw the evil twinkle in his eye that said "I don't see anything. In your head." Hmph.

Why do we continue to feed, clothe and house them if they're only going to insult our brain capacity? How did I teach my kids to talk to me like that? He's lucky I'm kinda proud of that sense of humour. But remember when we kids were afraid our parents? Again I say hmph.

kxx




1 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

No comments: