Friday, November 7, 2008

Why can't I earn money doing this stuff?

So the other night I'm watching Mad Men. Awesome show and part of its charm is that they play period music (late 50's/early 60's). At one point there was a jazzy 60's version of a song playing in the background of a scene. It was different than I'd ever heard it but I still knew what it was.


"Misirlou!" I shouted to no one in particular.


Scott was perplexed. Since we rarely watch tv together, he maybe thought I was having some sort of Turret's episode.


"It's the song. It's a loungier version that I amost didn't recognise but the song is called Misirlou. Isn't that neat to know?"


Scott just grunted in reply.


Why do I have this ability to only impress myself? Why can't I have the ability to cure the common cold or discover iPod earbuds that don't tangle up in your pocket?


kxx

No comments: