Monday, January 19, 2009

You know what I hate?

I hate the Mini Pops. You know. The kids that sing popular songs aimed toward children? I think it's vile for lots of reasons. They were popular in the 80s and I recently saw a commercial for them again at Christmastime. They're now singing modern songs like Fergie and the Pussycat Dolls. But see? That's one of the problems right there. Little girls singing lyrics like "I see you watching me, watching me, and I know you want it"? Ew.

As a general rule I hate when kids sing. Their voices are like nails on a blackboard for me. It was a problem when I did daycare for 10 years and still is at every single one of my kids' school shows since Elliott was in kindergarten. I've since learned to grin and bear it. But those tears in my eyes aren't from joy. Children's music was and is banned from my house and car. If the kids want to listen to music, they get the radio and like it.

And that's my point with the Mini Pops. Why not just get the original song from iTunes? What's the big deal with the originals? If you are going to let them listen to Fergie songs anyway, why not let Fergie do the singing? I don't know. The whole Mini Pops thing seems like a useless cash grab or a pedophile's dream. You choose.

kxx

1 comment:

sami said...

completely agree. ick-central. and the hand/arm/bouncy-bobble-head motions have got to go.