Monday, February 23, 2009

I'd like to thank the Academy


Instead of rehashing what we already know about the really big show (yay Slumdog!), let me just say that despite the dryness of the speeches, Marge Simpsonness of the women's hair and predictability of the awards, I had the best time ever. My beef still stands about cutting half the show by only presenting a few awards:

Best Picture
Best Director
Best Screenplay
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Animated Movie
Best Actor/Actress
Best Supporting Actor/Actress
And of course we'd add Best Comedy/Musical to the mix

But nobody ever listens to me. Except the gang at The Amazing Race that finally heard me and cut all the "non-elimination legs" from the race but that's not the point.

The actual point of my blog today is to salute the Herculean effort of my best friend Kathy who now lives in London. She found the one station that played the show live and watched it live with me until 5am her time. Needless to say she took today off work just to do this. The delay was a bit of a pain since I was about 5 minutes ahead so instead of phoning each other and spoiling the excitement, we mostly texted (she just texted me again... I told her to go back to bed, the nut). She's an absolute star and I wrote a haiku about her:


UK pal Kathy
Stayed awake to text with me
Oscars like old times.

kxx

2 comments:

KathyW said...

My very own Haiku!!!!! I had so much fun last night and cannot wait until next year! 'Til then, gotta go soak my rigt hand and massage my newly cauliflowered left ear! ;-)

Kxx

Karen Kaye said...

GO TO BED!!!!!!!!!!