Monday, March 2, 2009

Sheba's Rice!


A friend exclaimed this on a bulletin board I frequent and it made me laugh out loud.

I'm a convenient Roman Catholic which means I'm only RC when it's convenient for me. I know. Wrong on so many levels, right?

Anyway, to prove this, I go to Christmas (and sometimes Easter) service and I reserve the right to moralise at the drop of a hat. I rarely do but it's nice to know I can. And I love starting sentences with the righteous "As a Roman Catholic..."

So the expression above makes me giggle. It's obviously a way for the devout to take the Lord's name in vain. Just like "Criminy", "Egad", "Geez" and "Jiminy Christmas". But who or what is Sheba? Besides the Biblical Kingdom. And do they produce rice? No? I just find the whole thing hysterical.

Don't mind me, I'm feeling that being Catholic at this exact moment in time, very inconvenient.

kxx

No comments: