Monday, April 27, 2009

17 Again


How much did I love that movie? Yes it was exactly like "Big" and "13 Going on 30" but Zac wasn't in those movies. Have I mentioned that the boy is fiiiiiiiiine? He even danced in this one and got to show some range with a tearful scene. I loved the character of the best friend. He was so funny and had me pissing myself when he and his date started speaking Elvish. Nerds, laughs, tears, kissing and Zac (putting the moves on a mother... eeeeee!!) all in one movie? Consider my cougar-y needs completely met.

When the movie was over, Audrey asked me what I would do if I was 17 again. I have to say that at 17 I finally came out of my shell. Yes, believe it or not, I was in a shell. In 1984 I finally made some friends, did so many amazing things and crammed every high school dream event into that one final year at Macdonald-Cartier. So I wouldn't do anything different. Except maybe re-think that jheri-curl. I'd love to stalk my younger self and take in everything that I said and did and everything that happened to me. I may be over-romanticising things but who cares? For me, 1984 was the absolute best year of my life until the year I got married in 1993.

What about you? What was your best year and why?

kxx

No comments: