Monday, May 18, 2009

I love you!

You know the normal response to that question, right? In case you're an alien, it's "I love you too." I'm now convinced Elliott is an alien. His response was "Okay!"

This was yesterday at his Laser Tag birthday party. He invited all boys except for Michaela who is his only "female friend". They hang around, she calls up, she comes over, they play video games together... but I can tell she wants more. Not that at 13 I'm entirely convinced that even she knows what that means but I know it. Even in the birthday card, she drew a manga picture of a girl chasing a curiously caramel skinned, curly-haired boy.

As the party wound down and her dad drove away, she rolled the window down and shouted "I love you, Elli!". And his reply? "Okay!". Okay? Okay? I'm so embarrassed. And what stymies me is why she puts up with his nonsense. Why when he's clearly not interested is she still chasing him? I just don't get it.

All I know is that I'm so glad 13 is behind me.

kxx


No comments: