Friday, June 12, 2009

Driving Miss Crazy

I have a 20 minute drive to the canoe club. This week I'm driving it 6 out of 7 days. Most of the drive is down 80km per hour 2-lane roads and I'd say 60% of the time I'm stuck behind a mémère* or pépère* going 20kms below the speed limit. It drives me nuts. I'm a very aggressive driver as I've mentioned here before and this just makes me nuts.

So, dear that Scott is, he found me a back roads shortcut. Well, not exactly a shortcut, but it avoids going through the town and all those old fogies intent on making me go completely road ragey on their asses. The bad part is that it's mostly dirt road and you can't really go much faster than 60kms. But you know what? As I calmly drove down it today, blissfully alone, at 50kms, checking out the deer and other wildlife, I realised how much I love driving. When there's only me. And now that I think about it, that goes for a lot of things.

kxx

*grandpa and grandma in Québécois slang french. It's what I call everyone who drives slow.

No comments: