Thursday, July 9, 2009

I will not be ignored


I don't get irritated easily. I'm quite a laid-back mum if I do say so myself. But besides the previously mentioned what?/pardon? issue, I hate when the kids ignore me when I call. I never ever call them for nothing. It's because I need to speak to them face to face or something needs to be done. If it's super important I'll seek them out but if it's something like "come and put the milk back in the fridge" (another irritant), I'll call out. I'd say 90% of these exchanges take place when they're downstairs and I'm up:

Me: ELLIOTT!!
(crickets)
Me: ELLIOTT!!
Elliott: Yuh?
Me (apoplectic now): Don't say "yuh" say "coming" then get your ASS UPSTAIRS!! (yes, I say "ass" to my kids)

We go through this at least 3 times a week. This is what I'd like to happen. It's rare but it actually does happen from time to time:

Me: Elliott!
Elliott: Coming! (smelly size 12s pounding up the stairs)

It doesn't matter how immediate the actual arrival is to the acknowledgement. I just want to know that you heard me calling. Okay? OKAY??!

kxx


No comments: