Thursday, September 17, 2009

I worked a full day!

Like a real life person. I took a lunch (salad, cottage cheese, a banana and sunflower seeds) and ate in the break room. There were other people there and I talked to them and everything.

I learned how to file invoices, and answer the phone and everyone was super nice. I even remember a few names (besides Aimee and Paula who interviewed me): Tom, Pierre, JM, Charlotte, Judy, Mike, Andrew, Randy... whew! And that's not even all the people. Of course I have no idea who the rest are. But I'll learn.

There was a scary bit when I had to look for an order for a client. The box wasn't where it was supposed to be but that wasn't my fault (thank you baby Jesus). Everyone is really patient and kind so I didn't even feel weird asking for an hour off next Friday when I go away for the weekend. Three words: Moms Gone Wild.

Anyway, I'm writing this just before 9pm and I'm just about done for the night. I don't know how people do this every day. I wasn't interested in cooking dinner (we had yucky hotdogs) and I can barely muster up a modicum of enthusiasm for Glee and that's really saying something.

Anyway, I really am pooped. I have to go to bed to be fresh for the rest of my workaday life. This stuff takes a lot of getting used to.

kxx


No comments: