Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Romy & Michelle

So over the weekend my honey and I were watching Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion (don't ask and I won't lie to you and say that it's stupid and doesn't make me laugh like a drain) and it prompted us to talk about our own reunions.

When he went to his, he told me that he went to reconnect with old friends. How noble. Because when I went to mine, I admit that I went to lord it over my old friends. I said that like the girls in the movie, there's no way I would have wanted to go had I been in the same town, with a crappy job, and/or no hubby/boyfriend or kids.

He thought that was awful of me but I threw all womandom under the bus and claimed that there's no way another woman would go just to "reconnect with friends". But then I realised that I shouldn't speak for all women. So answer: would any of you go to a school reunion just to see old friends? Seriously. You wouldn't be delighted just the teensiest bit that you're more successful than a schoolmate? Come on, admit it. I won't tell...

kxx

2 comments:

sami said...

haha! i love it. and i am totally with you. anyone who says they go to catch up with old friends is full of it. in the age of fb and google, if someone cares about catching up with a friend that much there are plenty of ways to do it. and that movie is hysterical.

Angie said...

YES Karen! Awesome movie! And you are totally correct. Everyone wants to rub success in people's faces... sad but true! Another major reason - looking better than you did in high school and shoving that in your old crush's face.