Thursday, October 8, 2009

101 things in 1001 days

I was listening to the radio the other day and the djs were talking about a listener who made a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days.

I loved that idea and couldn't stop thinking of it. The part that I like is that it's not a "life list" where you put crazy things on it like pogo sticking across the Great Wall of China or something... they're infinitely more practical and doable.

Now I'm a creature into immediate gratification and ridiculously impatient so I thought I'd do it too but make it more what I can accomplish. I know myself. So, I give you my version:

Twelve Things I Want To Do In 12 Months.
  1. Go downhill skiing
  2. Compete in a Masters' canoe or kayak competition
  3. Have a clean house when someone pops in
  4. Own an iPod Touch
  5. Have a full day at my new job without once second guessing myself
  6. Clear the queue on my PVR (43 shows and counting...)
  7. Make (and keep) a standing date with my girlfriends
  8. Lose 5 pounds (I need to lose more but these are supposed to be doable, people)
  9. Take a long trip with hubby and the kids
  10. Teach the kids (including the boys) how to cook
  11. Keep on top of the laundry (dirty clothes, oh, how I hate thee...)
  12. To be lifted off the floor while dancing (definitely after I do #8)
I can do these. They don't seem incredibly "out there" or scary (except for the skiing and the kayak race). And of course the kids in the kitchen thing... yikes. But I'm excited to start. Hey, it's only 1 per month. Now where to start? Laundry? Cooking? Clean house? Ugh... I may need to rethink all this. I'll keep you all posted on my progress. But honestly, when do I not keep you all posted on my progress? Heh.

I'm going to start all this in 2010 (no, not "twenty oh-ten"). I really do think it's better than a New Year's resolution that you make and forget on the 3rd. These are doable tasks once a month. I'm excited to start! So do you have a list? What would be on it?

kxx

No comments: