Monday, November 23, 2009

Another job well... done.

This is so not good. Friday I heard the dreaded words again for the 2nd time in 3 months: "Karen, can I see you in my office, please?"

How does this keep happening? Can I not keep a job for more than a few months? This looks so bad on a resume. And the thing is, both times I was blindsided. I thought I was doing a good job until the end. It's a lot like the way I look at people. They're always "super nice" until I get left at the Corel Centre with no way to get home (a story for another day). Both employers had nothing but good things to say about me personally, it's just a lack of some skill-set I have that is deemed necessary for the job. Wouldn't it be great to have a job that relied on a good personality and straight teeth?

So what do I do now? It's nearly Christmas and at least 2/3 of my kids still believe in Santa. Where are their presents going to come from? I'm thinking of telling them to ask Santa for Subway sandwiches.

Look, if you know of someone hiring, send me an email. All I'm looking for is $11/hour plus benefits. I need those benefits for another reason that I'm not at liberty to talk about with you guys. I'd be happy to interview if they're looking for a smile, a positive attitude and great shoes. Looks like I'm obviously not good for much else.

kxx

No comments: