Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Didja miss me?


I had a few errands to run and I forgot that I didn't have a blog in the hopper for today. I actually realized this last night and was going to remedy that by blogging from bed with my new iPod touch but it would only let me input a title. For some reason I couldn't type in the text box. And of course knowing me, you know I couldn't say what I need to with any kind of character restraint. So there's my excuse for such a late blog.

So anyway, today I went for career counselling. It was quite the eye opener to find that at the ripe old age of 42 and rapidly rolling down the other side of that famous hill, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I loved being a receptionist at my last job but my lameness in French is holding me back. I liked retail in the past but I think I should come out ahead when it comes to the travel time (gas used)/salary ratio. I have an Early Childhood Education degree that may come in handy but now to work you need to be certified and I'm not sure I want to do it badly enough to go through that process. Needless to say, my new friend Ian and I talked in circles for an hour. But at least he gave me lots of good advice on fixing up my resume.

I had more fun at the Service Canada office. I had to get Social Insurance Numbers for the kids. Considering it was a government office, it was awesome. No line-ups and happy, cheerful, chatty employees. Thank you, snowstorm.

So that's the way today went. I missed Maury and I drove in a blizzard. But now that I'm home, I'm back in my jammies, waiting for the kids to come in from playing outside with hot chocolate and the promise of a butt-kicking by me at Scrabble. I love snow days, don't you?

kxx

No comments: