Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's plans?


I'm spending New Year's with my dad again. We'll exchange Christmas gifts and have a nice dinner. And of course we'll count down to midnight with a glass of my daddy's special home made rum punch in each hand. It's fun and West Indian and loud.

But I would chuck it all in a second if we got invited to any kind of New Year's blowout here in town. Even a party that called for a babysitter to be hired. Well, can I be honest here? Especially if it called for a babysitter.

I long for the olden days when we'd party with friends on New Year's Eve getting drunk and acting the fool. I even miss the classic hangover that prompts the famous resolution: "I'll never drink again". Not that the family New Year's sucks, not at all. But just one year I'd like to revert back to the ridiculous antics of my youth. I think it's a need to feel young and stupid again.

So, what are your plans?

kxx

No comments: