Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A blast from the past

I heard this song on the "80s, 90s and Whatever" station in town. I honestly hadn't heard it in at least 10 years. I remember it so clearly. It was my go-to breakup song. When a breakup was fresh (or pending) and I was feeling particularly angsty and in the greasy Clearasil grip of teenage hormones, I'd crank this song up to 11 and cry my pubescent face off.

This version is more acoustic than the power ballad radio version I'm used to. You can't really fist-pump like you should but you can still feel the hell out of it and picture my tear stained, eyes shut emotion as Luba and I sang at the top of our lungs. I sure did when I nearly swerved into oncoming traffic because I was giggling so hard at the memory.

I'd never want to go back to those days. I was such a dork.

kxx


No comments: