Thursday, February 18, 2010

I hate the shuffle on my iPod


I thought when I drank the Kool-Aid and started buying mp3s, that it would change the way I listened to music. And it did a little. I love having every album I own from Siouxsie and the Banshees to Mozart in something that fits in the palm of my hand. But that doesn't mean I want to listen to "Peekaboo" right before I listen to the Piano Concerto number 20 in D minor.

I get a lot of ideas about which music to buy from the radio. I rarely want whole albums anymore. But where I do have whole albums (my stuff from cds, tapes and vinyl) I want to listen to them in their entirety and in order. Like I did my entire music listening life. I hate hearing Blister in the Sun" knowing that "Kiss Off" comes next but getting Rihanna instead. I also hate hearing a good radio song then hearing a Duran Duran album track right after. Ugh.

So I end up using my iPod to listen to full albums instead and leaving the loose songs by the wayside. I have to group all the loose tunes together in one playlist but it'll involve picking through and filing over 1000 songs and frankly, that's more work than I want to do.

And while I'm complaining like an old woman, let me just admit that I had to shut off the "cool" feature that lets you shake the iPod to shuffle. It always changed songs mid-stream because of the jiggle that goes on in my purse. It's the same jiggle that redials my cell phone. I think I need to get back to vinyl and land lines.

kxx

2 comments:

kirsten said...

I think you need a smaller purse ;)

Karen Kaye said...

I think you are right LOL!