Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oscar Update


Okay, so here are the nominees again:

  • Avatar
  • District 9
  • Up
  • The Blind Side
  • An Education
  • The Hurt Locker
  • Inglourious Basterds*
  • Precious
  • A Serious Man
  • Up In The Air
Scott and I saw Avatar, Up and District 9 before the noms even came out. Last week we saw Up In The Air. It was sweet and sad and it reminded Scott a lot of when he used to travel monthly for work. In Business Class the lucky bugger. Strangely that aspect of the movie got different reactions from the both of us. It made me want to travel and it made Scott happy he was promoted and gets to stay home.

Over the weekend we saw The Blind Side. It was sweet but not Oscar-y at all. No angst, no tragedy, nothing terrifying... it just was. It could have been a television movie-of-the-week. But again, it was sweet.

Over the holiday I found a website where you can watch tv (even here in Canada so suck it, Hulu). Upside; it has movies. Downside; it only plays about an hour at a time, then cuts out for an hour before you can watch any more. Don't tell Scott but I sneakily watched nearly an hour of Inglourious Basterds. What can I say, my mouse finger slipped. Heh. Anyway, when it cut out at Chapter 4, I felt super guilty so didn't have the heart to watch the rest without him. I have no intention of telling him when we actually rent it. This is how we stay married. Do not knock it, do not judge.

Frankly I was grateful for the movie's interruption. I spent the whole time holding my breath, stressed and terrified. How scary was the Christophe Waltz? He deserved his Supporting Actor Oscar nomination, that's for sure and I haven't even watched the whole thing.

So we're not sure which movie is next but I'll keep you posted. You know I always do.

kxx

No comments: