Monday, March 15, 2010

Beware the Ides Of March


That quote is something told to Caesar by a soothsayer. Shakespeare, people. See, I'm more than just a pretty face. Got a bit of a brain too. That said, this post has nothing to do with Shakespeare or Julius Caesar. Or anything brainy for that matter.

Today is the first day of March break for the kids. My ideal week off with the kids would entail lots of cooking or cleaning on their parts and waiting on me hand and foot while I watched tv and napped. Maybe I'd go on a couple of shopping trips while they stayed home and cleaned out their closets. Siiigh. Heaven.

Unfortunately for me (and fortunately for them), we have more sane plans. A movie on one of the days, a trip to a museum or gallery on another and maybe even a field trip if we get a nice day. Of course it can't be March Break without the obligatory medical professional's appointment (this time the dentist) and naturally I have to fulfil just a part of my dream by making them clean their rooms. I'm a mother first and foremost, don't forget. A sane, fully-marbled mother who in no way wishes to leave her children alone while she goes shopping. Do you think they bought that?

kxx

No comments: