Friday, March 5, 2010

Dear Baby Jesus,


please keep me from throttling my firstborn son. Amen.

I got a call from his school saying he threw something at another student narrowly missing the other boy's eye. He was dragged to the principal's office where I was called. Supposedly he spent an hour and a half with a blank piece of paper in front of him. Why? He was asked to write down why he did it and the repercussions had it actually hit this kid in the eye. He wrote nothing on the paper. The actual word "nothing". He could have done it properly in 10 minutes. But no, it took him 90 minutes because the principal made him sit there until he wrote something lucid. Now he has to make up the class time he missed by sitting in the office on detention during recesses (about 3 days).

What the hell, people? Who is this mutant? I sometimes feel like I'm raising a sociopath. He's not normally like this, I swear. In fact, among all the stuff the principal said, one of them was that he's a "good kid". Another principal could have suspended him and he would have had that on his permanent record going into high school next year. Arrrgh.

I just wish I could have a free child abuse pass and punch him into next week. Does that make me a sociopath? I guess that's where he gets it from.

kxx

1 comment:

Laura said...

Karen, half the time I don't even know who my teenager (and first born) is. Who is this snarky, bitchy kid who is doing things I didn't do at 13?

And, yup, we've received calls from the principal.

They've come a long way since the baby clinic days, eh?