Thursday, March 25, 2010

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?


I was getting ready for the day the other day and it occurred to me that because I have nowhere to go I have all the time in the world to finish up. It took about 40 minutes from start to finish. I listened to music, went in and out of the bathroom and basically faffed around until I was ready. Ready for grocery shopping but that's neither here nor there.

Yesterday I performed an experiment. I went from bed to makeupped and ready as if I was late for something. Why? I said it before and I'll say it again: I think I may be clinically depressed. No reason, that's why. My alarm clock went off and I was showered and completely ready in 15 minutes. See what happens when you have no hair to fix? I suggest this haircut to anyone. So what did I do when I was finished getting ready as if I was in flames? I baked a cake and did 3 loads of sheets. Oooh, yeah, I'm a rebel, yo.

How can I be Black and still not get away with that "yo"? Too old?

kxx

1 comment:

Angie said...

Takes me 20 minutes to get ready in the morning, which seems good, but it's always frantic and panicked. Why don't I get things ready the night before? Who knows.